Happy New Year guys, I hope you had a great New Year’s Eve and don’t feel as rough as I do now. No wonder it’s a bank holiday here! I had been stressing for a while because my housemate wanted to have a party at ours. Unfortunately nobody I knew was able to (or wanted to) come, so I wasn’t exactly excited by the prospect of a party of total strangers. I understand that’s not the typical response to these things, but I’m weird like that.
I don’t know, I’ve never really done parties, we never had them in our uni house, we were all mild-mannered mathematicians with a small, strong group of friends. What would be the point of a party when we saw each other every day anyway? I’m not the most confident guy in social situations and find it hard to break into conversations. I’ve grown more confident but I’m still a little way behind everyone else I think. I guess that’s just what makes me who I am.
I’m rambling, I wonder if I’m still drunk. Anyway it was a nice party really, my housemate’s friends were nice and I didn’t feel left out, which is pretty much all I was worrying about. I did drink rather a lot though, not ridiculous amounts but still I’m not feeling quite right. There is a LOT of mess downstairs. Tidying up really, not a big deal but I just can’t face that at the moment , so for now let’s think about 2014. I guess I’ve got to come up with some New Year’s Resolutions.
- For crying out loud, get in shape you lazy fuck. I’ve got some big chances to change things this year, I think if I don’t manage it this year I’m not sure I’ll ever manage it.
- Finish those damned Final Fantasy games. Rolling over since 2007, the end is in sight (still), DO IT.
- Clean your crap out of your parents’ loft. Yeah, still there. When the weather warms up a bit, I’ll do a car boot sale or something.
- See some great stuff, take a lot of pictures. There will be a lot of stuff to see this year, make sure you don’t forget you have a camera.
- Blog as well as you can. I put a lot of time into the blog in 2013 and I don’t plan to slow down yet. I’m expecting some disruption to service in Spring, annoyingly just around Eurovision time, but I’ll do my best to make it work.
I admit, those are pretty much all rollovers or repeats from 2013, I guess I don’t want to set myself up with too many goals, I never manage them all, so I should focus on the ones I’ve never gotten around to. Just be excellent to each other, etc.
Should check on how 2013’s ones went too…
- Get into decent shape. FAIL
- Finally finish all the Final Fantasy games, FAIL
- Get a new job or a promotion. SUCCESS! More on that soon…
- Get rid of that junk in your parents’ loft FAIL
- Have a great holiday. SUCCESS(ES)!
- Get serious with Japanese. SUCCESS! Let my language learning fall away a bit in the last quarter but I’m definitely broadening my horizons.
- Keep up with the blog SUCCESS!
- Write up your top albums and songs of all time. FAIL – I don’t think I’ll ever really want to do it, I don’t feel like it would mean anything, it’s such a changeable thing.
- Start cooking properly CALL IT A DRAW
- Try to enjoy your leisure time ANOTHER DRAW – I did have a fun year, but I still feel like I only rarely ‘let go’ and don’t worry about things.
So overall.. about 50/50. Ehh… could be worse. I’ve only got 5 resolutions for 2014 so I should be able to manage all those!
Happy New Year everyone, what are your resolutions?