1) Crazy Stupid Love
This got great mileage out of a great cast, totally absorbing. OK so it laid it on thick and went on about 30 minutes too long, but still a wonderful effort.
2) Bridesmaids – Some forced grossout humour but otherwise hilarious
3) X-Men: First Class – Wonderful retro Cold War theme to it, Kevin Bacon still creeps me out though
4) Friends with Benefits – Goofy but perfect for both leads
5) Super 8 – A little corny but a real ride
6) Tron Legacy – Dazzling with an incredible soundtrack
7) Scream 4 – Genuinely had me shutting my eyes in fear
8) Thor – Accomplished superhero movie for a lesser-known character (with better mythology)
9) The Thing – Gory but not tacky, half blockbuster, half classy arthouse, a real surprise.
10) The Help – Heartwarming and emotional
11) What’s your number
12) The Lion King
13) Captain America
14) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
15) Green Lantern
16) Kung Fu Panda 2
17) Glee: The Concert 3D
20) Cars 2
21) Jane Eyre
22) Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
23) Breaking Dawn Part 1
24) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1
25) Love and other drugs
27) Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader
28) Fright Night
29) Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
30) Sucker Punch
31) Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides – Never really ‘got’ Jack Sparrow, and this was a sequel too far.
32) The Change Up – Utter drivel for male morons
33) Transformers: Dark of the moon – No discernible plot, unless your only requirements are slow-motion explosions and robot fights for 2 1/2 hours.